Congratulations to Rusty W Shackleford IV (AKA Ross Berman IV) on his new album! The Folk City Hustle was recorded by James Wagner at Strobe Recording in just four hours. Plus, Ross was the winner of the Strobe Singer Songwriter Showcase and used his 1/2 day of recording to record this 13 track album. Enjoy Ross and his stories, he’s a great songwriter! Check out the album:
Strobe Recording hosts many live recording events. We are proud to be hosting a monthly singer songwriter showcase. Our next Showcase will be on August 22nd. Check out this video for more info about Strobe and the event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info on future sessions. Thank you to Cole Hieronymus and Hier Films for producing this video. Click Here to Watch the New Video.
Strobe Recording is honored to be working with Intonation Music Workshop on the audio production for Ninth Harmony. The band is a group of 6 girls (7th and 8th graders) from Chicago’s James Madison Elementary School. The song is called “Key To My Heart” and the girls were super excited and did a great job recording their song.
Strobe Recording Songwriter Contest is an opportunity for local songwriters to present their original songs and win free recording time. The 1st contest will be held at Strobe Recording, 2631 W. Division on Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 7:30 pm.
The public is invited to attend with a $10 suggested donation, studio doors will open at 7:30pm and the event will begin promptly at 8:00 pm. Entry fee is $15. Space is limited to 10 songwriters. To register or for more information, please contact email@example.com. This is a BYOB event and street parking is available on Division Street.
• Strobe will be offering artists a chance to win a “Half Day” of Recording Services.
• Songwriters will perform in front of music industry judges.
• Performances will be judged on originality, musicianship, composition/lyrics and stage presence.
• The competition is open to solo and/or duo artists.
• Strobe will provide acoustic guitars and a Steinway grand piano for musicians use.
• Performances will consist of 3 songs and/or 15 minutes.
• All performances will be recorded live and audio mixes provided to each artist at the end of the evening.
Click here for the Facebook Invite. To sign up, email info@stroberecording(dot)com. Good luck!
Thanks to Roman Sobus for this photo of Erik Nelson adding piano to Rebecca and Jamie’s upcoming album recorded and produced at Strobe.